Monday, July 30, 2012

WWE Hall of Famer Calls Montreal Screwjob “A Joke”; How Randy Savage Acted Backstage

WWE Hall of Famer George “The Animal” Steele joined Inside The Ropes radio this past Thursday. Here are the highlights:


On his character becoming nonsensical in his promos: “I did my own interviews and I was very articulate in the WWF when I got there but once they called me The Animal, and I was doing an interview with Vince and he said I was making too much sense for an animal so I turned into the ooh ooh aah guy and became the comedy character and it was a great run.”


On working WrestleMania 2 with Randy Savage: “I had a great time. It was not as stressful as when I wrestled Bruno because Bruno and I were hardcore. I was a cartoon character with Randy so it was easier. Randy was in all honesty, a very jealous guy about Elizabeth and what you saw was sort of real. So then the further I went on TV to make him jealous and the further I got, the angrier he was.”


Memories of WrestleMania 3: “It was about twelve mi...

No comments:

Post a Comment