Saturday, February 2, 2013

Magnus Talks Problems With British Wrestling

Magnus discussed British wrestling and why it is no longer on TV in the UK during a column in Fight Spirit Magazine.


“I know there are many old marks who really want to believe that it was someone else’s fault that British wrestling lost their TV slot, but it wasn’t – it was their own. Go back and look at what British wrestling was offering in 1987 in terms of production, then compare it to WWF footage from the same year. Once again, I know that the British sycophant fans are going to suggest that I’m burying the likes of Fit Finlay, ‘Rollerball’ Rocco and Danny Boy Collins, who are all tremendous workers, but I’m not doing that; instead, I’m looking at a comparison between the way the shows were presented.


The last time I checked, Britain wasn’t the center of the universe. You could argue that British wrestling is a shadow of its former self, but that wasn’t the phrase (the BBC documentary – When Wrestling Was Golden: Grapples, Grunts and Grannies) used. The BB...

No comments:

Post a Comment