Sunday, May 5, 2013

10 Greatest Technical Wrestling Matches – Part 1

What makes a great technical wrestling match? There are a few things, actually.


It isn’t just about straight up mat wrestling (although that’s a obviously a big part of it). It’s also about flow and making sense of the movements. It’s about pace, precision and logic- but only in regard to the wrestling itself. This isn’t about the microphone work or the high spots. Technical wrestling is simply wrestling at its most humble.


As much as I love this particular category, I’m certain I haven’t seen every truly great match that could qualify as one of the best examples of ring-technicians at work. In addition, there are several matches I am torn between and a few I’m on the fence about. For those reasons I’m starting this off with just 5 out of the top 10, with the second part of the list to follow within the next few days.


I am not ranking the matches, as you’ll see for yourself when you notice the absence of specific numbers. The reason for this? Whenever you’re tal...

No comments:

Post a Comment