Saturday, July 6, 2013

Curtis Axel Talks Name Change, Being on Season 2 of WWE NXT, More

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel recently spoke with NorfolkNavyFlagship.com to promote the upcoming WWE live event in Norfolk. Here are some highlights:


JM: How does it feel to be one half of the first ever father/son pairing to win the Intercontinental Championship?


CA: Leading up to that whole pay-per-view, the whole week before, the thoughts going through my head were, “What was going to happen if I were to win? What was I going to be thinking?” My grandfather (Larry “The Axe” Hennig”), I talked to him about it. When I finally won at Payback, man – I just couldn’t stop thinking about my dad (“Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig). Holding that same Intercontinental Championship that he held. He would bring (it) home and I would hold it and wear it as a kid. I now possess this thing. I had goose bumps and w...

No comments:

Post a Comment